Stress balls are designed to induce relaxation and create a sense of peace – here are seven awesome things that you can do with stress balls to minimize anxiety, relax the body, and simply feel better
Most of us are familiar with stress balls. Whether you have one sitting on your desk right now, or you have seen them used in a comical sense among stressed out office workers on TV, there is no doubt that stress balls have arrived in offices across the world – and for good reason! Research shows that using a stress ball can actually enhance emotional stability and deliver significant physical benefits. Knowing this, make sure that you not only have stress balls in your office or workspace, but that you provide them for your customers or prospects to help them improve their sense of positive energy. Here are seven awesome things that you can do with stress balls today to create a better sense of well-being:
1. Tone your muscles: even if you aren’t experiencing stress or anxiety, simply squeezing a stress ball firmly in the hands can help to strengthen the muscles of the forearm, wrists, and hands in no time at all. You can do this practically anywhere – in the office, at home while watching TV, or even in the car.
2. Relax during meetings: many of us feel that our work weeks are nothing more than a series of meetings. If you find yourself getting tired, irritated, bored, or simply disinterested during one of your business meetings, consider using a stress ball to keep your hands occupied and your mind at peace.
3. Play an office game: just because you are at work doesn’t mean you can’t have a little bit of fun. Create an office game that involves tossing your stress ball around the room, earning points along the way for various achievements. Or, try to see how many times you can toss a stress ball back and forth before someone drops it. Whether you decide to do this when the boss is around – that is up to you!
4. Create promotional giveaway packages: if you are planning to market your business or organization at an upcoming large-scale event, like a tradeshow or conference, create preassembled stress reduction packages for your clients or prospects. These gift packs can include a custom stress ball, a back massager, and some custom candies – or anything else that you feel will bring a smile to someone’s face.
5. Play games with your kids: use your stress ball to play catch with your kids at home, without fear of punching a hole in your window glass or putting a bruise on someone’s nose. You can bring several of these home to let your kids learn to juggle without fear, or conduct some informal batting practice in the basement.
6. Massage your feet: during work hours, slip off your shoes under your desk and roll your feet on a couple of stress balls on the ground. This can stimulate acupressure points that provide calming benefits, as well as a boost to your creative thinking abilities.
7. Enhance communication at home: ask your kids or spouse how their day was, and then sit back and listen quietly until it is your time to hold the stress ball. This helps to encourage communication, while minimizing disruptions.
The venerable stress ball makes an ideal promotional marketing gift for trade shows, and other big industry events, but it is also ideally suited for a variety of other purposes. The seven ideas above are just the tip of the iceberg – come up with some of your own and witness firsthand the flexibility and usefulness of these incredible little gifts.