With the current trending product called the selfie stick, the art of taking a selfie has become even easier. Say goodbye to those half-faced, blurry selfies you never post on Instagram, and hello to your clear, beautiful face as you learn to how to take the perfect selfie.
The selfie stick is great for snapping the perfect shot of you wherever you are. Need a group or family photo, but can’t find anyone to take it? Have no fear, the selfie stick is here! Just stick that arm out, push the button, and watch your photo dreams come to life. No more awkward encounters and handing your phone over to strangers.
All of us struggle with taking a great selfie. Some come out fuzzy and others, just downright ugly! But don’t worry, you aren’t alone. We can get through this together!
Ready to Selfie? Follow these “How To” Tips
- Hold the phone closer to your face to eliminate the appearance of the “long arm.” There is nothing worse than a perfectly good selfie being ruined because your arm takes up half of the photo.
- Natural and indirect lighting is most certainly your friend. Brighten your face to prevent unflattering shadows. If the lighting in your home (or wherever you are) is not ideal, try standing next to a window!
- If you are taking a selfie outdoors, make sure the sun is directly behind your head. This will cause a halo like affect and leave you glowing!
- Tilt your head at an angle that works for you. Don’t be afraid to try a few different ones until you find the right one. Take a few test shots, testing out your angle and lighting.
- If you’re a woman, swipe on your favorite bold lipstick color! This will give a bright focal point to the selfie. Plus, it will highlight your smile.
- Stage your Selfie! Make sure you have a good, clean background. We have all seen nightmare selfies with a dirty bedroom or even a bathroom in the background. You can also add something interesting to your selfie. It could be your super cool friends, a great outdoor view, or exceptionally delicious food. Get your family involved! Your kids, grandkids or parents will totally think you’re hip!
- Try to avoid mirror selfies. You can often see the phone you’re using and overall they just don’t look that great. Unless you want to showcase the smudges on your bathroom mirror, it is just not a good idea. Selfie sticks typically eliminate the need for mirror selfies.
- Finally, a real smile is the best smile! Whether you want to throw a funny face, smirk, or smile into the mix, loosen up and have fun with it!
Now that you have 8 new tips on how to take the perfect selfie. Get on your selfie game and try them out with selfie sticks!
If you wish to purchase custom selfie sticks for you and your friends from National Pen, use coupon code SELFIESTICK at checkout for free shipping and free set up.