At National Pen we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal information. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do and why.
National Pen Promotional Products Limited is responsible for the personal data collected on pens.com and its related websites, on its mobile applications and through the various media it uses (print, phone, etc.).
Our contact details are as follows Building D, Xerox Technology Park, Dublin Road, Dundalk, Co Louth Tel: 042 938 8554, Fax: 042 9385750. National Pen is registered in Dublin Ireland with Registration Number: 474116. Our Data Protection Officer is Andrew Graziani and can be contacted at email@example.com.
Your views on privacy are important to us. Tell us what you think! If you have comments or questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we collect about you and why?
- We collect data directly from you when you complete a form or register at our website, by phone or by mail (your name, e-mail address, mailing address and billing address, your phone number).
- We may collect information when you call us or send us any correspondence, when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
- Website usage information may also be collected using cookies (such as your IP address, browser type and operating system, page views and information as your use of our website (eg. Frequency and timing)) and, if you arrived at our site via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page
The purpose of collecting personal data is to
- process and fulfil your orders
- manage your account
- enhance our website’s overall design, layout and functionality
- deliver you a good service and always strive to improve it
- and to provide you with information on products and services that you have asked for or that we think you’ll find useful.
How do we use your personal data and for how long do we keep it?
- When you order one of our products, we process your personal data to manage your account, process fulfil your order, and fulfil our contract with you.
- When you give us permission, we will use email and phone to communicate items that we feel may be of interest to you such as updates and offers for up to 6 years.
- If you do not wish to receive these communications, you will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe when completing a form , by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email or contacting our customer service centre.
We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you from us and selected partners (Selected partners include Charities and mailorder companies selling Office and Decoration supplies.
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
- Whenever we process data for these purposes we always ensure that your Personal Data rights are protected. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please Click Here . Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit. We may process your personal data up to 6 years after your last interaction with us.
- We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is provided. By law, we will keep your account and transaction data for 6 years after the completion of our contract.
- National Pen Ltd operates from offices worldwide and may disclose your personal data to its affiliates and processors inside and outside the European Union. To find out more, please Click Here. National Pen Limited and its affiliates and data processors always seek to ensure appropriate standards of data protection are adhered to for the forms of processing mentioned above.
- We may also disclose your personal information to any purchaser of our business or to comply with legal obligations, to protect your vital interest or those of another natural person
Use of "Cookies"
- "Cookies" are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually prevent accepting cookies by changing your browser settings. A cookie allows you to browse in the store, put items in your shopping cart and then return several days later to continue where you left off - with the previously selected items still in the cart. Cookies help us give you a better web site, by letting us monitor what's working and what isn't through site traffic analysis. Please be assured that accepting a cookie does not give us access to your computer or personal information under any circumstances.
- The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. The following types of cookies are used on the National Pen website.
- Necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functional cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect are anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are placed by 3rd Party’s with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you do not want these cookies on your device, you can change your cookie settings, you can opt out in several ways:
- you can change your cookie settings at any time through your web browser settings.
- Object to usage of cookies and pixel tags by this website by clicking here.
- National Pen uses also reputable third parties to deliver the e-mails you may receive from this site. These third parties use unique identifiers and invisible images (often called "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") to perform message open sensing, message format sensing, and click through sensing on behalf of National Pen in order to bring you more relevant information.
We want to make sure you keep control over your personal data.
- You have the right to be informed of how your personal data will be processed.
- You can modify your privacy setting at any time, for example in relation to Direct Marketing, and request your personal data to be processed or not to be processed.
- You have the right to access and to rectify the information we hold about you.
- You can request to receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (should you wish to share it with another company)
- You can request your personal data to be erased.
Please email us at email@example.com if you wish to do so. European General Data Protection Regulation also grants you the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner.
Changes to this policy
Publication on the web
23/05/2018 - Policy version reference