With the current trending product called the selfie stick, the art of taking a selfie has become even easier. Say goodbye to those half-faced, blurry selfies you never post on Instagram, and hello to your clear, beautiful face as you learn to how to take the perfect selfie.
The selfie stick is great for snapping the perfect shot of you wherever you are. Need a group or family photo, but can’t find anyone to take it? Have no fear, the selfie stick is here! Just stick that arm out, push the button, and watch your photo dreams come to life. No more awkward encounters and handing your phone over to strangers.
All of us struggle with taking a great selfie. Some come out fuzzy and others, just downright ugly! But don’t worry, you aren’t alone. We can get through this together!
1) Selfie not Arm-sie: Hold the phone closer to your face to eliminate the appearance of the “long arm.” There is nothing worse than a perfectly good selfie being ruined because your arm takes up half of the photo.
2) Harness the Power of the Light: Natural and indirect lighting is most certainly your friend. Brighten your face to prevent unflattering shadows. If the lighting in your home (or wherever you are) is not ideal, try standing next to a window!
3) Glow Like You Were Meant To: If you are taking a selfie outdoors, make sure the sun is directly behind your head. This will cause a halo-like effect and leave you glowing!
4) Work the Angles: Tilt your head at an angle that works for you. Don’t be afraid to try a few different ones until you find the right one. Take a few test shots, testing out your angle and lighting.
5) Be Bold: If you’re a woman, swipe on your favorite bold lipstick color! This will give a bright focal point to the selfie. Plus, it will highlight your smile.
6) Stage your Selfie! Make sure you have a good, clean background. We have all seen nightmare selfies with a dirty bedroom or even a bathroom in the background. You can also add something interesting to your selfie. It could be your super cool friends, a great outdoor view, or exceptionally delicious food. Get your family involved! Your kids, grand kids or parents will totally think you’re hip!
7) Avoid mirror selfies: You can often see the phone you’re using and overall they just don’t look that great. Unless you want to showcase the smudges on your bathroom mirror, it is just not a good idea. Selfie sticks typically eliminate the need for mirror selfies.
8) Finally, a real smile is the best smile! Whether you want to throw a funny face, smirk, or smile into the mix, loosen up and have fun with it!
Now that you have 8 new tips on how to take the perfect selfie. Get on your selfie game and try them out with selfie sticks!
If you wish to purchase custom selfie sticks for you and your friends from National Pen, use coupon code SELFIESTICK at checkout for free shipping and free setup.
Presidents Day got me thinking: what do presidential signatures look like? And do they have favorite pens (because you know…
Know your preferred pen tip size before putting pen to paper—or logo to barrel—for better writing and marketing results! When…
Ok, you busted me. This pizza promotional items post is really just an excuse to stare at pizza images all…
Things You Didn’t Know You Didn’t Know About Umbrellas Famous Umbrellas Evil Umbrella History Custom Umbrella Facts February 10 is…