Here’s how to boost the excitement around your next service and attract and keep more people through innovative church marketing ideas.
Believe it or not, your church organization has its own “brand.” Just as we associate sleek design features and fast technology with Apple or sporty aesthetics and high performance with BMW, your church says something, too. How you define and communicate that message are fundamentals in building your church’s identity. By spreading that message, you’ll better engage your current congregation and continue attracting new members to your community.
Church Marketing Ideas
If you’re unsure about what kind of growth strategies can help your faith community, these five tips will help put you on the right path for starting your church marketing plan:
- Create Custom Church Products People can sometimes be shy about reaching out to people they don’t know. By giving church members tools that enable them to easily create conversations, you’ll drive more people to your house of worship. Have them give away customized notepads or other inexpensive, yet effective promotional church products that invite others to come to your church with ease. A research study performed by Church Central discovered that 9 out of 10 unchurched people would go to church if simply invited. Choose giveaways that will find their way onto people’s desks and refrigerators, like promo magnets, pens, or other small, useful items.
- Maximize Social Media Use the largest and most accessible marketing channels to tout the benefits of your church by taking to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to connect with the community. Publish a new blog post each week for your website, then link to it via your social media accounts. This will help keep members informed on updates and inspired to continue attendance – especially if they’re new to your congregation. Make sure you favor quality over quantity when it comes to social media.
- Order Printed Religious Calendars Design customized calendars that can be sent to prospective church goers in the area. Calendars are perfect for tracking church events, special services, religious holidays, and more. Sending these religious calendars to your existing congregation can improve the percentage of members who turn out each week. Additionally, by targeting non-members, you can also increase the odds of more members of the community finding out about your church, while also providing them something of value.
- Sponsor Educational Classes Use your existing space to support ongoing classes, which can range from financial literacy to parenting classes. Donate meeting space to community groups to increase awareness of your community. A solid church growth strategy should, in part, focus on driving prospective members to the church via events that bring together diverse groups with shared interests, like food festivals, musical concert series and seasonal celebrations.
- Show Your Funny Side You’ll attract positive attention when you lighten up the mood with a funny or lighthearted video that can be posted on your website or social media. It doesn’t have to be silly or cartoonish, but it must be memorable. Show people your church is relatable and inviting. This can help reinforce the unique identity of your faith community. Seek out volunteers from those who are interested or might have experience filming and video editing.
Getting the message out about your church doesn’t have to be a chore. By using a good mix of the church marketing ideas listed here you’ll put more members in the pews each Sunday without breaking a sweat. Need fresh ideas to help your church growth and marketing efforts? Contact National Pen today!