Getting ready to order your customized holiday cards for clients? Are you personalizing holiday cards for employees this year? Once you’ve found the card design that suits your style, you’ll find that most holiday cards come with a generic holiday or Christmas-specific greeting (thanks, Hallmark et al). At this point you’re half-way there. All that’s left is to include some kind of sentiment that’s specific to your clients or employees. And sometimes that’s the biggest hurdle, but it’s important. Adding a personalized note moves your seasonal outreach from “got it done” to “top of class”. But what to write in holiday cards for clients? For employees? If you’ve got writer’s block, we’ve got your back.
Tips for What to Write in Holiday Cards for Clients
Customers and clients want to know their business matters to you, that your customers are more than just a transaction. Here are a few tips for what to write in clients’ cards, including how to reach out to high-value clients:
- Share a detail or two about your holiday plans or family to connect with customers on a personal level.
- We wish many marvelous memories for you this holiday season. The team at [XYZ Company] is headed far and wide in search of snow, sun, family, and friends—and a few are kicking back and getting festive locally. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!
- Let customers know how your small business did during the year. Share any important milestones or obstacles overcome.
- We hope your year has been one of growth and successes, big and small. Thanks to clients like you, this year saw the opening of our second office. Happy Holidays from your friends at [XYZ Company].
- We faced some economic struggles this year and are deeply grateful for every one of our customers for sticking by us. Heartfelt thanks and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
- Express what you love about your small business and relate that to your awesome customers.
- Every day of teaching brings us unique joy and underscores what matters most–your children. Thank you for another rewarding year with your young ones. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
- We welcome the Christmas season with the same passion and precision we bring to our tax planning! Thanks for letting us serve you this year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!
- Go the extra mile for top clients and customers.
- Working with you this year to develop and execute a comprehensive branding strategy for [XYZ Company] was one of the most rewarding highlights of the year. Our team thanks you for your awesome partnership and looks forward to delivering stellar results for you again and again. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Consider secular greetings as well.
- You’re at the top of our gratitude list this season! We wish you the time and space to enjoy friends, family, the great outdoors, and the warm insides this season. Peace on Earth.
SPECIAL OFFER: Free shipping & free setup on National Pen Brand Products through 11/25.
Tips for What to Write in Holiday Cards for Employees
For employees, holidays are often a time for slowing down and spending well-deserved time with family and friends. Your custom business holiday cards are a great way to celebrate the most sacred connections in your employees’ lives. Consider including one of these sentiments in your Christmas card:
- If you’ve had a great year, call that out and let your employees know it’s thanks to their hard work.
- Our success is thanks to all our dedicated team members. We are grateful for you and wish you a Christmas season filled with joy.
- If this has been a particularly tough year, acknowledge that and offer words of thanks and encouragement.
- This year has brought unexpected challenges for our business and our employees, and we thank you for all the effort and commitment you’ve shown as we adjusted in tough times. We wish you the very happiest and most peaceful of holidays and look forward to a new year full of wins and successes big and small.
- Encourage employees to leave work at work and enjoy the holidays with their loved ones.
- We wish you a delightful holiday with family and friends, full of peace, laughter, and love.
- Thank you for investing your time and talent with our company. We are grateful for you and wish you a holiday season focused on your family, friends, light, and love.
- Consider secular greetings as well.
- We wish you peace, fun, and new adventures of all kinds this season.
- Thank you for contributing your time and energy to the team this year. You are appreciated! We hope the season brings peaceful moments and beautiful memories to you and yours.
What to Customize: Holiday Cards and More
When it comes to the season of giving, it really is the thought that counts. Wishing your customers and team members a healthy, happy, holiday season is an important gesture that can be expressed in a simple offering. Make someone’s day this Christmas with a customized card or other gift.
You wrote it. You sent it. Now celebrate!
Once you’ve got your holiday cards for employees and holiday cards for clients written and sent out, it might be a good time to give yourself a holiday break. Maybe that’s a hot chocolate, a hot toddy, a Netflix night, or a long weekend of next to nothing. Relax in the knowledge that your holiday card or gift is sure to make the season just a little more special for someone, or lots of someones!
Let us know how you connect with your customers this Christmas. You can find us on Instagram and Facebook, and singing Christmas carols starting in October.
Shop for Holiday Cards, Pens & More
Shop for holiday cards for clients or employees at National Pen. Plus browse pen gift sets, logo ornaments, and more gifts.