If you own a small business, you deserve big attention. Consumers favour small business owners and given the choice, they would rather spend their money with you than with a big competitor. But if you’re wondering how to increase brand visibility without breaking the bank, we can help. Help potential customers find you by adding these cost-effective ideas to your marketing and visibility strategy!
How to Increase Visibility for Your Local Business
Your shop front could be on a busy street or an out-of-the way location, but you can maximise in-store visibility and year-round traffic with these in-person engagement tactics:
- Community Events: Participate in community events like festivals and gala weeks. Hand out promotional giveaways and offer themed merchandise like branded drinkware or hats.
- Farmers’ Markets: Set up a table, offer samples or sponsor your local farmers’ market with customised bags at entry points.
- Direct Mail: Focus on areas surrounding your shop, and send out a postcard with a special offer or an inexpensive direct mail piece like a personalised pen. Include branded stickers on your envelopes for added brand visibility.
- Samples and Giveaways: Within your shop and at community events and outdoor markets, offer food samples and giveaways that delight your visitors and bring them back for more.
How to Create Online Visibility for Your Business
Whether your business is a specialised ecommerce company, or a physical small business in a hard-to-find location, creating business visibility online is key to consistent traffic. Check out this checklist of action items for online brand visibility.
- Social Media: Most businesses do not need to be active on all social media platforms, so pick one or two that are relevant to your target demographic and post regularly.
- Consumer Review Sites: Every response you post to a consumer review shows customers that you are actively engaged and ready for their business. Try not to use the same response for every review. As a small business, your customers appreciate seeing real names and earnest responses behind your products and services.
- Google Ads: Google Ads work tremendously well for some industries and not so well for others. Industries that tend to find brand visibility success with Google Ads include finance and insurance, retail, dating, job training and education and car dealerships. If the expense of Google ads is not paying off in terms of new customers and order value, focus on organic traffic, which costs nothing in terms of cost per click but requires more time to see results. Keeping your website updated and engaging with review sites and industry-related content.
- Website: No matter where and how your company does business, your website is an important tool when it comes to your visibility marketing strategy. If your business is offline only, your website is a tool for brand visibility, information and establishing credibility. If your business is a hybrid or pure-play ecommerce company, focus on website features that make it easy for customers to convert, such as: easy reservation and appointment scheduling; clear and fast navigation; and ‘about us’ and contact info that quickly establishes that you are a legit business they can trust.
How To Make Your Company Visible on Google
Increase visibility for your business online by being specific and current with your online content:
- Details: Use keywords on your website and in your ads that describe your business in specific terms — for example, Moroccan food, handmade faux-leather boots, gardening services with particular expertise in the area of lawn care, etc.
- Timely: Your design does not have to be fancy, but keep your website up to date to maximise brand visibility. Add new content regularly. This could be a simple banner announcing a special offer, new opening hours, gift with purchase or new menu items.
- Respond: Stay active on consumer review sites. Respond to customer reviews, and publish new offerings, new opening hours and seasonal specials.
Increase Brand Visibility with Customised Gifts that Make Your Name Stand Out
Below are a few of our best-selling products for visibility in business. Check out all our promotional items to find the perfect match for your business, brand and budget.
Totes: At the checkout and the farmers’ market, increase visibility in every crowd with a branded tote.
Drinkware: Everyone can use a seasonal drinkware upgrade, so make sure your brand is on their next favourite mug or tumbler.
Keyrings: A customised keyring is a useful gift for customers and optimises brand visibility for your small business while staying within budget.
Pens: Take one, take two — the more they take, the more advertising you get. Pick a trendy style that keeps your name close at hand.
Mints: Add your name to mint tins for brand visibility (and fresh breath!) among customers at your restaurant or hotel.
Learn More About How to Increase Visibility So Customers Come and Stay
For more inspiring ideas around what is the best way to gain visibility in business, check out these related blog posts: